Engine washing is one of the solutions to maintain car engine performance.
Autos.id – The engine is the most vital component of the vehicle. How well your engine performs optimally is very important in maintaining vehicle performance and longevity. However, over time, dirt and deposits can build up in the engine which inhibits the flow of oil and obviously becomes a hindrance to engine performance.
And to solve this problem, the solution usually used is an engine wash. So what is the function of a car engine wash? What is the full explanation and how to use it?
Discover Engine Flush and its functions
Engine wash on a car is a chemical liquid that works as a cleaning agent that is said to be effective in cleaning stubborn dirt and oil deposits in the vehicle’s engine. Additionally, the engine flush also has several other functions, including the following:
- First, an engine flush can help remove the dirt deposits and oil deposits that cling to the car’s engine parts. These deposits can form over prolonged use of the vehicle and can restrict oil flow and affect overall engine performance. Using an engine wash, these deposits can be effectively dissolved and cleaned.
- Second, engine flushing can also help clean channels and small holes in hard-to-reach car engines. Dirt and oil encrustations that stick in these areas can block the flow of oil and air, thus impairing engine performance. Using an engine wash, dirt can be removed and cleaned, so that the flow of oil and air can return evenly.
- Thirdly, engine flushing can also help increase the viscosity of the oil used in automobile engines. The ideal viscosity of the oil is important for protecting and lubricating the moving parts of the engine. If the viscosity of the oil decreases due to the accumulation of dirt and oil deposits, the lubrication of the engine is not optimal and can cause excessive friction. By using an engine wash, the oil can return to its optimum viscosity, so that the engine can run properly.
How the Flush Engine works and tips for using it
The working mechanism of the flush motor on a car is actually similar to a laundry detergent which is used to remove all the stubborn stains and dirt that sticks to your clothes. However, the difference is that this liquid is used to clean all kinds of stubborn dirt and oil crust inside the car engine.
Here are some tips and steps on how to use the correct engine flush:
- Before carrying out the old oil replacement process on a car engine, first pour the engine flushing fluid into the oil filler hole.
- Then start the car and wait about 5-10 minutes. This is done so that the flushing engine fluid is evenly distributed in the oil filler hole. So that the fluid can work optimally to remove stubborn oil crust and remove all kinds of dirt that sticks to the car engine.
- Then, turn off the engine and let it sit for five minutes.
- Then reopen the oil filler hole. Perform the process of draining any old oil that has been mixed with dirt and scale that has fallen out as a result of washing the engine.
- Remove carefully, so that there are no more oil drops. After cleaning, close the oil filling section again and leave it for a while.
- Then open the oil filler cap again and pour in fresh oil.
Source: various sources